Get involved with Fairtrade Fortnight!
Buy Fairtrade Products! With thousands of products now available from single origin coffees to delicious chocolate and fashionable cotton T shirts, change your everyday products to Fairtrade today.
Ask for Fairtrade in cafes and restaurants. And if your local food store does not have the Fairtrade product you are looking for, speak to the manager and ask them to stock it.
Persuade your workplace, place of worship, school or club to switch to Fairtrade:
Businesses : If you run a business, shop or café, offer Fairtrade products where you can. (Find out what’s available from the National Fairtrade Purchasing Guide) – lots of ideas and help for promoting Fairtrade through your business and your business through Fairtrade! here
Introduce your friends to Fairtrade products. Say thank you with a bunch of Fairtrade flowers, bring a bottle of Fairtrade wine to a dinner party or make them a cup of refreshing Fairtrade tea.
Find out more about Fairtrade and spread the word. Visit www.fairtrade.org.uk for news, ideas, events and information.
Campaign – for eg. for:
- Fairtrade and Climate Justice – Fairtrade is supporting the Climate Coalitions Declaration – you can sign it here.
- Women farmers’ rights to a living income – more here
Donate here to support the work of the Fairtrade Foundation to support projects to bring Fairtrade to more farmers and workers, help them improve their farms, build demand for their produce and help strengthen their voices to negotiate a fairer deal – so they can truly trade their way out of poverty.
Join your local Fairtrade group.
Gosport Fairtrade Action welcomes new members.
We meet regularly ( though not frequently and not physically during the current pandemic but keep in touch by email) and these are some of the things we do:
- We keep an eye on who’s selling Fairtrade products and make sure our lists are up to date on our website and on printed guides we produce.
- We talk about Fairtrade to lots of groups each year.
- We set up stalls and displays at various events
- We organise events, especially during Fairtrade Fortnight which is late Feb- March each year. See our “Recent events” pages for what we have done in recent years.
- We support local schools and churches which are working towards Fairtrade status
- We join in campaigns organised nationally by the Fairtrade Foundation
- We maintain this website and send round mailings.
If you could help with any of these activities – just get in touch.
page updated 6-01-2021