(National Resources are below)
Gosport Fairtrade Action (GFA) produces a variety of resources for and with local schools and organisations. GFA members are happy to provide talks illustrated with PowerPoint -type presentations in person (when circumstances allow) or on line through Zoom meetings, or lend items for you to use.
Here are some examples – but we can customise a presentation to suit your needs, given sufficient notice.
- Introduction to Fairtrade
- Fairtrade towns
- Fairtrade churches
- Fairtrade schools
- Fairtrade tackles Climate Change and Covid (2020)
- Fairtrade empowering women cocoa farmers (2020)
- Small scale tea growers in South India (2009)
- Fairtrade in conflict zones
- Fairtrade wine in South Africa (2011, with updates)
- Fairtrade raisin and table grape production in Chile (2014)
- Fairtrade Footballs (and other sports balls) – Are you involved with any football teams in Gosport? I expect you insist on Fair Play at all times! Did you know that you could play and train with Fairtrade footballs? – no need for any more exploitation of child labour just so our children can enjoy their footie! Donna, one of GFA’s members, is happy to visit clubs and schools with a Fairtrade football and would love to talk to you about it – Why not invite her along to your club or school to find out more? (Contact her: here.) mmnvHere is a short video about Fairtrade footballs
- Fairtrade, environment & climate change
- Fairtrade at work
- Fairtrade and women.
- Benefits of Fairtrade to Producers. We can offer posters about :
- tea small holders in South India; an estate in Sri Lanka);
- coffee (women in Nicaragua);
- sugar in Costa Rica;
- bananas in Dominica, Windward Islands, Colombia;
- cocoa in Sierra Leone, Ghana;
- raisins in South Africa;
- Rooibos in South Africa;
- oranges in Cuba;
- olive products in Palestine;
- skincare products from shea butter grown in Ghana;
- Household cleaning products from palm oil grown by small-holders in Ghana;
- Fairtrade Gold and producers in Peru;
- Quinoa in Bolivia;
- Dried Fruits in Pakistan.
Available to BORROW are:
- The Schools Fairtrade Banner (pictured below on display in the Discovery Centre and other Libraries over the summer of 2011,) and the Fairtrade Logo Collage (pictured underneath) are available for loan to schools who would like to use it for an assembly or as part of a programme of work or an event about Fairtrade. Please contact us for availability.
If you would like to use or borrow any of the above, please:
The Fairtrade Foundation offers a wide range of resources for a variety of users. Please visit their Resources pages here
Page updated 15-01-2021