Future Meeting Dates? Communicating during the Corona Virus Pandemic
The Steering Group normally holds a Business Meeting approximately 4 times a year at Gosport Town Hall, or elsewhere in the town.
We are not meeting in person during the pandemic. The Co-ordinator contacts Steering Group Members by email when necessary to alert them to news and relevant actions and discuss plans.
The co-ordinator is providing regular updates, from the Fairtrade Foundation and other sources, about what is happening around the world, on the “Recent Events Page” We are also getting together in Zoom meetings with other SE Hants Fairtrade Town groups to share ideas and resources
The last meeting :
On Monday 18th January at 5.30 pm on Zoom, Fairtrade Town Groups in SE Hants met to discuss what we could do this Fairtrade Fortnight. We agreed to:
- to put on a shared virtual event focussing on Fairtrade producers addressing the challenges of climate change;
- to seek to arrange a lesson to be shared with schools and to produce a fun educational activity for parents to use at home, as well as the Fairtrade Schools resources;
- to promote the “The World We Want” ‘art’ activity for children;
- to produce a short programme ( 5 minutes or so) for businesses to use during Virtual Meetings / coffee breaks incorporating a video on Fairtrade and Climate change – also useful for worship groups, community groups, including the WI, to use during their regular meeting nearest to Fairtrade Fortnight;
- to produce a short piece to go in newsletters;
- that each local Fairtrade Town group would communicate the programme of events (local and national) to its networks.
The Next GFA Steering Group meeting:
Date to be announced – Watch this space!
The purpose of GFA business meetings is to:
- plan our programme of activities
- monitor the progress of Fairtrade in Gosport Borough*
- keep up to date with news from the Fairtrade Foundation about new products and campaigns
- keep up to date with news from other Fairtrade groups in Hampshire
Additional and occasional Working Group Meetings, to plan particular events or actions, take place variously at members’ houses, the Town Hall, in the Discovery Centre or other convenient locations.
*Keeping the Directory up to date
Shops and cafes change hands and stock all the time so we seek to keep the Directory up to date:
Please let us know if you are aware of any changes: new Fairtrade products or Fairtrade products discontinued; outlets closing or new ones opening. Our regular meetings include an item where changes are reported so we can update the Directory. You can contact us here