Communicating during the Corona Virus Pandemic
The Steering Group normally holds a Business Meeting approximately 4 times a year at Gosport Town Hall, or elsewhere in the town, but during the lock down we mainly met on Zoom. The co-ordinator provided regular updates, from the Fairtrade Foundation and other sources, about what is happening around the world, on the “Recent Events Page” We also got together in Zoom meetings with other SE Hants Fairtrade Town groups to share ideas and resources
Planning Activities for Fairtrade Fortnight 2022
We met on January 31 – a Zoom meeting to discuss plans for an event at the Privett Park Cricket Club on March 4th 10 -12.
In August 2021 we met to discuss what action to take for The Great Big Green Week – 18 -26 Sept. 2021
We decided to:
- to put on a display at the Discovery Centre to explain about COP26 and :
“How choosing Fairtrade can combat climate change.”
that will run from 21 September to
- encourage schools and Churches to organise events to mark the GBGW
- contact the press
- ask the Mayor/Council to mark GBGW and suggested activities. (No news on that yet.)
We also considered having a stall at the Alverstoke Michaelmas Fair but too many members would be away so we would not have enough people to look after it.
The purpose of GFA business meetings is to:
- plan our programme of activities
- monitor the progress of Fairtrade in Gosport Borough*
- keep up to date with news from the Fairtrade Foundation about new products and campaigns
- keep up to date with news from other Fairtrade groups in Hampshire
Additional and occasional Working Group Meetings, to plan particular events or actions, take place variously at members’ houses, the Town Hall, in the Discovery Centre or other convenient locations.
*Keeping the Directory up to date
Shops and cafes change hands and stock all the time so we seek to keep the Directory up to date:
Please let us know if you are aware of any changes: new Fairtrade products or Fairtrade products discontinued; outlets closing or new ones opening. Our regular meetings include an item where changes are reported so we can update the Directory. You can contact us here